Our PF-2 filters reduce fluoride and arsenic in your water using the media aluminum oxide (aka activated alumina). As a consumer, it’s important to know that pure aluminum and aluminum oxide have vastly different characteristics. Pure aluminum is water-soluble, it is highly reactive and it is associated with negative health effects. By contrast aluminum oxide is not water-soluble; it is inert, is very stable and is not associated with negative health effects. To learn more about aluminum oxide and separate fact from fiction, click the link below. Independent lab results are also available here.
Articles in this section
- PF-2 Fluoride Filter Measurements
- Does the post filter media contain some amount of cyanuric acid, or is the media washed using cyanuric acid prior to packaging?
- There is water spilling out on top of my Berkey PF-2™, near the area where it attaches to the Black Berkey® Purification element in my system. Does this mean it is not working properly or needs to be tightened more?
- Do the Berkey PF-2™ Elements replace the Black Berkey® Purification Elements?
- If Arsenic and Fluoride is removed using Black Berkey® Purification Elements then what is the need for Berkey PF-2™ Elements?
- Will high pH affect the efficiency of the PF-2™ Elements?
- Shelf-Life for PF-2 Fluoride Filter
- Storing the PF-2 Fluoride Filters after use.
- Why is it necessary to purge the Berkey® Post Filter elements?
- What is the lifespan of the PF-2™ Fluoride Filters and how do I know when they should be replaced?