When water is filtered through our system, the Black Berkey® Purification Elements may increase the pH level of the water between 0.5-1.0. The majority of contaminants are generally acidic in nature. When they are removed, this causes a slight increase in pH. This is healthful because pathogenic bacteria and viruses have difficulty surviving in alkaline environments. An environment with more alkalinity does have a higher pH level. The pH level will depend on various factors including what the pH level of the pre-filtered water is.
Articles in this section
- What is the thread size for the Black Berkey® Purification Element’s Stem?
- Will the Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove kerosene?
- Do the Black Berkey Purification Elements remove algae blooms?
- Do the Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove lithium?
- Do the Black Berkey Filters remove Glyphosate a.k.a. Round-up?
- Do the Black Berkey Filters remove tannins?
- The Berkey Water Purification Process
- Are pthalates removed by the Black Berkey Filters
- Do the Black Berkey Filters remove arsenic?
- Do your filters take out plastic from the water?