Several forms of phthalates (family of chemicals used in plastics) are reduced by the Black Bekey element, including Di-n-Butylphthalate, Butylbenzylphthalate, Diethylphthalate, Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate and Dimethylphthalate. Pthalates are not believed to be used in any part of the product.
Articles in this section
- What is the thread size for the Black Berkey® Purification Element’s Stem?
- Will the Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove kerosene?
- Do the Black Berkey Purification Elements remove algae blooms?
- Do the Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove lithium?
- Do the Black Berkey Filters remove Glyphosate a.k.a. Round-up?
- Do the Black Berkey Filters remove tannins?
- The Berkey Water Purification Process
- Are pthalates removed by the Black Berkey Filters
- Do the Black Berkey Filters remove arsenic?
- Do your filters take out plastic from the water?